Going to a smaller town like Karlovy Vary definitely brought about the challenge of picking the perfect accommodation. After much reading up and referring to Trip Advisor, Booking.com and multiple travel forums, we picked the Savoy Westend Hotel- Luxury Spa & Resort.
The first sight of this heritage hotel was nothing less than royal with wonderful architecture,
We were extremely impressed with their hospitality from the very beginning. The hotel arranged a quick pick up service for us from the railway station and welcomed us with a warm reception and instant documentation of our IDs.
We were placed in Villa Carlton, and the rooms were a delight to enter. Elegantly designed, well maintained, well equipped, spic and span with a cozy vibe, our room was the perfect choice of home to us for the next 3 days.
As a part of our welcome, we were given a complimentary drink from the King’s Bar at Savoy along with some fresh fruits and treats in the room.
We were provided with towels, toiletries, tea-coffee, kettles, iron and ironing board, security locker, blankets, TV and stationery.
There was regular cleaning of the room, including a special tech-check of all equipment and services.
(PS. this place has an amazing WiFi!)
Additionally, we had complimentary buffet breakfast with the widest range of breads, cakes, juices, fruits, cheese, and yogurt and breakfast mains. The cherry on the cake being a wonderful chef cooking hot crepes and omelets live.
Apart from the amazing architecture, the hotel boasts of a spacious compound and garden area to walk around. There’s also a play area for kids.
And did we miss out on the amazing fitness center, sauna, swimming pool and spa services?
- The Service (Hospitality, Room Service, Housekeeping)
- The Rooms- structure, space, equipment, furnishing
- The Wifi- Always working well
- The Beds- Clean and Soft beds (Can be too soft for some people’s taste though)
- The Breakfast Buffet- Too many options and fresh food
- The King’s Club- Good variety of spirits along with live music
- Slightly far from the center
- Difficult to reach after dark
- Lack of stores in the vicinity for any urgent needs (the case with the area)
But over all, Savoy Westend Hotel- Luxury Spa & Resort was a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!
We’d say this place is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for your stay in Karlovy Vary!
Photo Credits: Parichay Mehta