On my recent trip to the UAE, I decided to spend some quality time in Dubai exploring some fun and refreshing activities (shopping not included). Now Dubai has a long list of activities and amusement parks to keep you occupied, I chose to pick something that I haven’t experienced otherwise!
So I started my Dubai experience at the Dubai Ice Rink in the Dubai Mall, Downtown Dubai!
DUBAI ICE RINK
The Dubai Ice Rink is one of the most popular attractions amongst youngsters- locals and tourists alike in this ever-so-happening Emirate.
Smooth icy flooring open for you to go skate & dance your heart out, sounds like it’s straight out of the movies? Now that’s exactly what the Dubai Ice Rink has to offer you.
I remember taking Roller Skating lessons as a kid, about a decade and a half ago. But my ice skating experience was nothing like that! It was my first time at the Ice Rink, anywhere in the world, even though this was my second visit to Dubai. I always found it fancy and inspiring the way some people can effortless dance on the ice with these Ice Skates on!
It was time for me to give it a shot!
But wait! I did not know ice-skating…
Thanks to the amazing support staff at the Dubai Ice Rink, ice-skating won’t remain an aspirational activity if you’re set to go and try!
I got my skating gear on- socks, skates, helmet and a penguin (to be my support) and got right there into the ice rink to take my ice-skating lessons!
My 9 year old brother who also tried ice-skating for the first time did exceptionally well by getting rid of the penguin or any kind of support by half time! Mom and I did fairly well, we almost got there but it was time up for our session!
This set up by Emaar Entertainment, in fact the whole experience was not just fun, but it was refreshing and a whole new level of awesomeness with new skill lessons being taken!
AN ABSOLUTE MUST TRY WHEN IN DUBAI (WITH REPEAT VALUE)
Dubai Ice Rink Timings: 10:00 AM- 01:00 AM
- Book your session/ buy your tickets online (offline tickets are available, but advance bookings are preferred)
- Get your Ice Rink Band
- Rent your skates
- Rent your penguins- for beginners, at additional cost
- Start your skating lessons/ Start skating
- To carry/ wear your own socks, unless you plan to buy a pair from the sports shop
- Wear comfortable, decent clothing
- Don’t carry any sharp objects while skating!
- Book your sessions in advance- they have public sessions, disco sessions, freestyle, training sessions, snowfall sessions (check site for more)
- Lockers are available to store you belongings/bags/ mobiles
- Weekends, evenings are crowded.
- You can also sit in the spectator stand and enjoy watching performances
For bookings/ details, visit: http://www.dubaiicerink.com/