It’s been a little over a day since we bid adieu to 2016 and welcomed 2017. And why does that matter? Isn’t it only a change in the calendar dates?
No, it isn’t. It’s the completion of one full revolution of the earth around the sun, and guess what? We made it past this revolution. Which means, it’s time to acknowledge this moment, celebrate our being, most of all evaluate our journey and be thankful for the good life and even more thankful of getting past the undesired!
A new year deserves to be celebrated. New goals must be set, and everything that we do must be reflected upon. I am not referring to resolutions that we promise to keep but break out of temptation or out of lack of desire.
It’s time to think of what we really want and how to get it. I’ve never believed in spoon feeding, so dreaming and chasing my dreams is pretty much what I keep doing and eventually feel thankful for.
And while I do that, I am well aware that there maybe people somewhere on the planet who would love to live the life I live, hence I feel blessed and responsible to be better!
I’ve loved 2016. It’s been one of those years, where I took some real life lessons by quitting the unwanted and chasing what I’d like to live for. Sounds pretty romantic? Definitely, ‘cuz I mention not the hardships that the path has been full of. But then again, it’s better to fight for what we want than to fight ourselves doing what we don’t want?
While many say it’s wrong to say so as a generic way of life and choices, I’d love to believe that we must be willing to take our risks and chances for what we desire if we truly desire so! It happens and I’ve seen the magic happen for real in the most unexpected ways!
- I hope to take forward the best of 2016- the lessons, the stories, the experiences, the memories.
- I aim to travel more (yes, even more than 2016)
- I want to know more stories of the people, especially strangers around me, wherever I go
- I want to be helpful, resourceful to those around me, around the places I go
- I want to learn something new about the people, places, culture that I have set out to explore
- I want to share all these stories that I have lived, write a little more
- I want to see more than taking photos
- I want to be more connected to people and places than wifi connections
- I want to get over my fears
- I want to live and let live a little more!
- I want to experience each day the feeling of being a small part of this BIG WORLD
- I WANT TO BE THANKFUL FOR THE ABILITY TO DO ALL THAT I DO & CAN ATTEMPT TO!
This is not just for the traveler in you; it’s for each one of you who feel passionate about something in life. Make time for your passion without making excuses, let your passion make you the person you want to be, while the world gets from you the goodness it needs to have!
HAVE A FULFILLING 2017 <3
THIS ONE’S FOR THOSE WHO DREAM & TO THOSE WHO TAKE ON TO THE JOURNEY TO THEIR DREAMS 🙂
Love & Luck,
Picture credits: Parichay Mehta